again with my paper negative tests
my dektol tests
my dektol + sumatra coffee developer split development tests
today i loaded film holders up and exposed the negatives in a more controlled environment. i used a graflex series D camera so i cold focus and have a better idea of the exposure than a box camera …
well — sort of.
i also took a light meter reading, something i haven’t done in probably 2 years. i wanted to know the unknowns and make exposures to see what was going on. the first exposures was the middle one the images were all taken through a window — i pointed the meter out and set to iso 6. i read about 6 seconds @ f4. so i focused and stopped down a teeny bit and counted to 8 seconds the 2nd exposure ( far left ) stopped down a quarter turn and about 20-22 seconds. the 3rd exposure was a double exposure. the first one stopped down more than 1/4 turn 20 seconds and then wide open about 4 seconds.
not sure exactly what my fstops were because the lenshood blocks the numbers, i just know it wasn’ t f3.8 and it wasn’t f 32 …
the prints were processed a the same exact time. when the image appeared to come up i switched from dektol to caffenol then back in the dektol for a little boost in contrast i scanned them and inverted them and just barely adjusted the levels. my guess is the exposures and development were pretty much on target and the paper
hasn’t lost much contrast or gained much fog in 15 years since it is old and expired KODAK paper … i wish it didn’t all have kodak professional paper watermarking the back of the paper, or i would contact print the negatives into positive prints, the exposures look good for that too.
even though this looks like 1 image, if you click on it you will see all 3